Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dining Room

This is the first room we worked on in the house. I was dying to start painting something... anything!!! So we painted the dining room.... twice. Here is the before:

This dining set was given to us by Eliot's aunt. I love free furniture. We found a fabulous blue and brown toile at Glicks in Houston and Carolyn (my mother in law) did the upholstery for us. Choosing a paint color is a challenge for me. In progress.

Hubby painting the ceiling. Me painting the wall - this would be paint color #1. Which was horrible.


Ugh. So much blue tape. We fell in love with the house because all of the architectural details and molding. I did not consider what a pain in the butt it would be to paint it all!!!


Chandelier Hubby bought me for birthday and Christmas of '08. It is an estate piece, originally made before electricity when they still used candles. You can see the wires they added afterwards. I found it at McManus, a lighting store here in Beaumont.

Here is the chair "after".

In love.

My AMAZING custom curtains. Thank you again to my mother in law who made them!! They are a coppery dupioni silk (the same color as my ceiling) with chunky aqua tassels. Tassels were a hobby lobby find (purchased with coupons!!). And, my newly refinished floors.

TA DA!!! The after. I haven't done any of the accessories yet but the rest of the big stuff is done. I am so happy with the way it turned out. The wall color is Sherwin Williams Contentment and the ceiling is Mesa Tan with a quart of copper glaze added to it. Trim is Roman Column.

2 comments:

  1. The dining room is gorgeous!!! i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dining room and this blog! What a great idea!!! Miss ya

    ReplyDelete