Thursday, July 30, 2009

Powder Room- In Progress

Here is the before picture. And by before, I mean when the previous owners lived here. We don't do fuzzy toilet seat covers. Yuck. You may notice that half of these pictures were taken on move in day... and the other half were about a year later when we finallllly got around to finishing it. Did I say finished? It's not finished. Plumbers shaded out and as I sit here today... it is still torn up. It will happen next week. I am confident.

Can you spot the radiator?

Die mirror.

Scoring wallpaper. I hate wallpaper. It was directly glued to the wall (the old school way) and it was a nasty disaster that took me days to strip.

They covered the bottom half of the walls with cork. Yes cork. I guess we could have used it as a cork board...

Look what we found! A yardstick in the wall. Nailed to the stud.

Ughhhh I hate you wallpaper


Avocado and mellow yellow. Lovely.


Rarrr.

And the last of the old bathroom.... now for the new

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous. And timeless. Honed carrera marble with black marble dots. I'm going with the basketweave because we are trying to be as historically accurate as possible. I am so stinking excited. And I got it off eBay, from the Mosaic Tile Wholesaler. It was a splurge but our bathroom is teeny so it won't be too bad.

Up close.

And here is my sconce... also fabulous. I am patiently awaiting its delivery. Sheffield two light sconce from http://www.bellecor.com/


This is the paint treatment I want to use, but probably using more of a grey/taupe color. Its called dragging. Its supposed to look like a linen kind of. I am thinking I may use a silver glaze to jazz it up a little, but that is tbd.
< Here is how you actually apply the texture. I have yet to do any fancy paint techniques so I figured a nice small room would be a good place to start.
http://www.valspar.com/do-it-yourself/steps/Painting_Decorative_Dragging_Linen.html

Well, thats all I have for now. If the drywall man comes next week we will be tiling soon!
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment