Sunday, January 3, 2010

putting away the decorations


Today we put up our tree and moved everything back to the garage. I didn't really have any exciting decorations to post, but I do have to share a lesson in patience. In November I found these fabulous stockings from Horchow, but they were way expensive, and with shipping, etc, they turned out to be around $400. So I waited and waited hoping they would go on sale... and although we had Walgreens stockings on Christmas morning... I was able to get order them for half off! Next Christmas our mantel will be beautiful.

I also caved in and bought some bedding for our master bedroom. We had been living with Hubby's college comforter (which was a queen size, btw), and I had enough! I thought we were going to have custom bedding made, but since this went on sale I couldn't resist. We will jazz it up with some pillows and maybe an upholstered headboard and bench at the foot of the bed. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment