Saturday, January 30, 2010

a little bit of this and that

Not much to talk about this week as far as progress in the bathroom goes. Although Hubby did a lot of work, a lot of it was wiring (adding the can above the shower), and finishing up the demolition of the tile and drywall. But... We had someone come up and measure for the foyer wallpaper which is pretty stinking exciting!!!!!! So here is what I have to share:

The ceiling fixture for the bathroom, Martha Stewart Schoolhouse light. We are going to do bead board etc, so I really wanted something charming and vintage feeling. Found at amazon.com


This little box here is one of the neatest little home renovation gadgets I have found. It is a recessed light/fan combo. In my opinion bathroom fans are all ugly, and when you have a tiny little bathroom they clutter up the ceiling. This is for the shower stall. NuTone light/fan combo found at faucetdirect.com.

Perhaps all these details may seem insignificant to you (hubby thinks I'm crazy) but to me when you are buying something to put in your home, you are going to look at it everyday. So I want it to be exactly what I want.

Here is a picture is of the grasscloth that I want to put in the foyer. Of course I am terrified to choose the wallpaper because it covers such a large part of our house. The picture is boring because of course, the beauty is in the texture. The brand is Decorator Grasscloth and the color is 488-307.


Just in case you forgot what we are working with - our foyer. And that is not our junk.

And finally, the precious chair I found today at the wallpaper store. I think the pair of chair (hehehe) will be perfect for host and hostess chairs in the dining room. To be decided.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment