Friday, August 7, 2009

Guest Room #1

Sorry I have been missing for a couple of days. I started a new job this week and it has been hectic. Since there is really no progress worth documenting of the powder room... I have some other pictures to share with you. I told you I loved toile... I wasn't kidding!

The before. Once again, not our stuff... when previous owners still owned it.

Check out the icky carpet.


The wood floors after the carpet was ripped up. That is filthy... just think whats in your carpet!


rarrr. this is actually the day we moved in.




yuck yuck yuck.




i don't even know.



The after! I wish I had taken pictures of the progess of this room but I wasn't blogging then. All of the toile is Pottery Barn and we made the headboard from scratch (with a headboard cover from PB). Ask me if you have any questions about it, we upholstered it and everything. And by we I mean me and Hubby. We did it ourselves : ) I found the chandelier from the Tattered Suitcase, a thrift/antique store by our house.



New floors. Clean!

Hubby's old college desk I painted white. And the lonely lamp. I haven't decorated besides the few things I have done. I will get to it... sometime




Up close. Please excuse the patchwork... I had a little touching up to do ; )


French doors. All window treatments made by my awesome mother in law : ) Paint color is Sherwin Williams Calming Cream, trim is Roman Column.

1 comment:

  1. I want to learn how to make the headboard. I love it! The guest room looks amazing!!!! I will have to come spend the night ha ha

    ReplyDelete