Saturday, December 19, 2009

lucky finds keep me on budget

My mother has been sending me all these emails recently about how home renovations are failing to recoup their value, leaving me in quite a conundrum. It has pushed me to become more creative and more $$ savy in our renovations.

I began my search for the old sink replacement for bathroom #3. It had to be petite and fancy, and cheap. Did you know that wal-mart sells granite top vanities? I scoured the internet but in the end fell in love with a vanity from Lowe's. It was beautiful, with marble countertop, in my budget, and ... permantly out of stock. As in none in the state of Texas.


So I gave in and bought the floor model. She is a little gap-toothed, but we are going to get a replacement backsplash at the local stone yard. You are never going to guess what I paid for her...


That's right TWENTY BUCKS!


Ta dah! Will be perfect as soon as we replace the backsplash.

No comments:

Post a Comment