Saturday, December 19, 2009

bathroom #3

Sometimes it takes something to inspire me to blog. As we tackle our third and final bathroom I once again feel the same excitement I did on the first one. Picking out the materials, cleaning up the dust, and watching Hubby do most of the work. At first we thought we would just spruce it up a bit, new fixtures, remove the paint from the tile (yes previous owners painted navy paint on the trim), and some general elblow grease. The problem is that, once you live with a brand new bathroom, its hard to live with an old one. So, bathroom #3, we are taking you down to the studs.

Let me show you what we're working with.


No matter how hard I clean you, you still disgust me.


What lovely legs you have. I actually find this sink charming, but it is lousy for storage and trying to get ready on it is next to impossible.

Here is the progress we made stripping the paint of in about 3 hours. After all the fumes we inhaled we decided for the same amount of time we could gut the whole thing. Right. I'm sure it will be finished in a timely 3 months.





I will keep you updated on our progress and my shopping : )

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment